Yeouch, Time flies. March 2019 is over already and that means it’s time for a my quarterly review.
So, have I reached what I wanted? Yes and No. Originally I’ve set these goals for January only, but I found that a post each month is simply too annoying for me to keep up with. So quarterly reviews it is.
- The new “do most important thing first thing in the morning” habit is absolute amazing – if I manage to pull it off. This one requires some supporting habits, and the next three months will be dedicated to building these up.
- Meditation: That was a bust. I still like the difference it makes in my life, but I keep forgetting about it and/or have more important things to do. I’ll set this aside for now. Perhaps another time would be better.
- Floss every day: I did that more often than I did not, it’s not that hard. Sometimes I still forget, but all in all flossing became a thing I do regularly enough and I am happy with that.
But a more important question:
Are things on track for the yearly plan?
I think yes, I’m getting there. Just as a refresher, my art-related goals for the year 2019 were:
- Publish Nyx+Nyssa
This is happily on track, looking good
- Do 50 full-colour illustrations
I’m behind, but it’s still doable
- Open commissions in January
Oops? Yeah, this still needs to go up. Need to do some prep-work there, but keep getting distracted by more pressing matters.
- Finish my webpage(s)
Half-way done! There are no visible construction sites on Imaginary Skies anymore, and it can be expanded whenever the need arises. I am happy with it for now and can safely set it aside to craft the page for Nyx+Nyssa
- Spruce up my Social Media
I sorted out my instagram, my twitter and started posting to pinterest, a page I really enjoy. So I file that one under “happily on track”.
An annoying new snag
Of course there’s a fly in the soup: Even though everything else works more or less fine, I have a devil of a time to get back into my bullet journal.
You see, my brain sometimes does that annoying thing where it goes “new habit is most important thing in the world” – which is great, as long as it’s fresh, and new, and I never break my streak. And well… I didn’t use my bujo at all during my travels in December and March. And now my brain files it under “can’t have been that important” and I keep forgetting to look at it, just like I did for the apps. Oy.
I miss it. I really do. It helped me with the focus. I enjoyed writing it, planning it and figuring out my priorities every day. But it isn’t helpful if I am not using it.
So I switched to a pre-printed planner for now. It’s… eh. It works. I liked my bullet journal better, but this planner’s different enough to get around the “It ain’t important anymore.” And I hope that in a few weeks my brain’s reset enough that I can go back to my bullet journal. And next time I’m not gonna leave my planner at home, unless I plan a switch
And speaking of next time…
My focus for the next three months
Next quarter is mainly dominated by deadlines which keep creeping up to me. Some are self-imposed, but others, e.g. the patreon one, are non-negotiable thanks to… shenanigans. I didn’t want to create a patreon quite yet, but if I wait I’ll have to pay more fees for the of patreon’s life.
So, the goals in order of priority:
- Put up a Patreon before 15th April
- finish final draft & thumbnails for Nyx+Nyssa’s first chapter
- develop the supporting habbits for the “most important thing first thing in the morning” one
- get up to 25 full colour illustrations
- Make web-page for Nyx+Nyssa
- Finish and add the comissions page.
Let’s see how I do.