2017 is off to a good start so far.
Things are moving – It could still be faster, but having this sense of progress is a HUGE relief. I’m quite thankful for this, too.
Health & Fitness
I caught a cold and could not go running in the last week. Bleh. But it’s almost over and reduced itself to occasional sniffles, so I’ll hit the pavement on Sunday again. I am REALLY looking forward to that.
Doing push ups after running worked out great, so I am thinking about adding weightlifting to my routine – just a few dumbbell exercises. I enjoy working with weights as much as I enjoy running. There’s something pleasurable about finding the limits of myself and stepping up to extend them, you know?
Honestly, half the reason I am thinking about weightlifting is because my weight loss has stalled. It makes sense, though. My resting heart rate went down, so did my weight which means day to day, and I got used to my current exercise routine. I just hit a spot where calorie intake and burn are in the balance again.
A limit, to extend.
I know, I know, the usual approach is to lower calorie INTAKE, but that, with my medical history, is a very hard NO. My current way of eating works for me and I mustn’t mess with that. That way be dragons.
Art & Writing
With ToC on break, Nyx+Nyssa is blooming. Lots of writing getting done, mainly on the phone during my commute. And since washy accounting doesn’t help anyone improve, some exact numbers.
- I added 3 new scenes to Nyx and Nyssa, one of them a rather big and complicated fight scene. I wish I could give exact an exact word count, but the iOS version of Scrivener doesn’t do that right now.
- I wrote 2 scenes I pulled from the main script, because they were explanatory. They were still important to write, because it helped me assess characters and especially Theodora’s movement until she met our heroes.
Together that’s 18 hours of pure writing time, most of in on my commute. I may not have word counts, but I have toggle statistics. HAH!
- 4:45h writing time: wrote the beginning of what will become Traces of Chaos’ new framing story – it introduces that world so much better.
- 2:50h writing time: Typed out the script first seven pages of Thunder Cliff Falls, a Sci-Fi superhero one I might eventually do after ToC and N+N. It was mainly describing some rough sketches I found while cleaning my folders. The idea for ASCII is great and worth following up eventually.
- 40 mins: Writing specs for a game I’d one day like to do.
Otherwise, I spent 4:55h reworking my online presence: I’m nearly ready to move imaginaryskies.net back to a self-hosted wordpress install; everything is set up hardware and content-wise, the issue is the design. Time for me to teach myself sketch and fix that, so I can write the February review in wordpress.
Untracked and more of a time saver: I pretty much stopped using twitter and am building an Instagram presence instead.
The new guild is working out great so far! I am raiding two till three times a week and it’s nice to speak German regularly again – and to talk to old friends, too. Running out of pixel-money in WoW though, tanking is EXPENSIVE.
Otherwise I’ve been making a point of doing things together with James, because, well, I enjoy spending time with him; and just sitting in the same room together playing different games really does not count. But, you know, two introverts, so go figure.
I’ve been BUSY and productive – which translated into a very happy Carina. There were two or three hick-ups, but they got handled well.
I really hope I can continue this momentum through February into March.